After some months of absence, I am really excited about rebooting the JsCraft newsletter. In this edition of the newsletter, we have a selection of the top new articles published in the past few months, the CSS grid video series, and plans for the future. Let's go!
New articles publised on JsCraft
- What are Progressive JPEGs and how they can improve our web pages?
- How to remove unused JS and CSS with the Coverage tab from Dev Tools
- Notes about the z-index
- Know your size – CSS Units Explained: Part 1 pixels, percentages and viewpoints units
- The best two things I use to improve my productivity and work happiness
- The CSS revert value – setting the default value for CSS properties
- Know your size – CSS Units Explained: Part 2 REMs and EMs
You can view a full set of articles on the site.
The CSS Grid video series
I have also started a new collection of short video tutorials. This one centers on how to build a responsive layout with CSS Grid. There are four videos published (part 1, part 2, part 3, and part 4) and two more will come the next week.
What to expect in the folowing months
So far the 4 short posts per week turned out to be a good experiment for me. They make up a good balance between maintaining this site, my day-to-day job, and learning new stuff. Finding a good balance between all of them while making things enjoyable is one of my main challenges. But this schedule seems a good fit.
Therefore, expect a daily article from Tuesday to Friday and this newsletter every 2 weeks. Let me know what you think. The replies to this email will go directly to my inbox.
That's all for now, folks! Be safe, be kind, and keep coding!
Note this is the JS Craft newsletter published as a blog post. If you like it you can sign up for it here.