Hi friends! Hope you had a great start or December! Mine was fairly busy aiming to publish one new tutorial each day on js-craft.io.
As we are getting close to the end of the year, I'd love to know what you think of this newsletter. Is the new format good as it is now? Why did you subscribe? Should I cut or add something? Should I send the newsletter more often?
Just reply to this email or send me an email. Thank you!
👋 Wellcome new subscribers
Before we start would like to welcome our new subscribers: Scott G, Wade M, Viduranga, Paunovicm, Ct Webdev, Raharidzery, Phantomk, and Neil J. I'm super excited to have you around!
📰 New articles on Js-Craft.io
- Active link for navigation menu in NextJs 13
- NextJs 13 – using Server Components in Client Components
- NextJs 13 API data fetching – a basic GET example
- How to show an animated loading indicator in NextJs 13
- Show loading indicators in NextJs 13 with React Suspense
- Stop using pixels in your CSS and what to use instead
- What are variable fonts and how to customize them with font-variation-settings
- Using Google Fonts in NextJs 13 with @next/font
- Using locally stored custom fonts in NextJs 13
I've also published my solution here.
The next challenge is to build an algorithm that takes a string containing a mathematical expression and returns the result. For example
'10+5*10-6/2+100*1' will return
157. The expression will not contain any
( ) just the basics operators:
+ - * /.
Give it a try, reply to this email and let me know how it went. Will publish the solution for it the next week.
🌴Some non-coding things that I've enjoyed lately
Unfortunately, the sunny days are over, but hey Christmas is a few weeks away! So, did a short trip to Vienna and Budapest to enjoy the Christmas Markets and (a bit too many) cups of hot wine 🎄⛄️:
That's it, folks! See you the next time! Be smart, be kind, and keep coding!